Faculty and Staff

Primary tabs

Pages

Baldeschweiler, Sister Joselyn, 4th President 1958-1960
Baldeschweiler, Sister Joselyn, 4th President 1958-1960
Sister Joselyn, a member of the College English department, was the person chosen by Mother Martina to head the College as its first non-prioress president. In her brief tenure, Sister Joselyn chose to eliminate the Business Education program (office skills such as typing and shorthand preparing young women for secretarial duties) as incompatible with the ideal of a liberal arts college.
Boo, Sister Mary Richard, 6th President 1967-1971
Boo, Sister Mary Richard, 6th President 1967-1971
A number of innovative curricular programs were instituted under Sister Mary Richard's leadership. The Education Department reorganized all of its course offerings to stress individualized instruction and a new general education curriculum was planned. Upon the closing of its high school many of the Priory offices and general living spaces were moved into Stanbrook Hall, giving the College more room. In 1969, the College officially became coeducational. The Lay Advisory Board was reorganized into the Board of Trustees with the accompanying responsibility of governance of the College. Their first task was to carry out a national search for a new president.
Boo, Sister Mary Richard, 6th President 1967-1971
Boo, Sister Mary Richard, 6th President 1967-1971
A number of innovative curricular programs were instituted under Sister Mary Richard's leadership. The Education Department reorganized all of its course offerings to stress individualized instruction and a new general education curriculum was planned. Upon the closing of its high school many of the Priory offices and general living spaces were moved into Stanbrook Hall, giving the College more room. In 1969, the College officially became coeducational. The Lay Advisory Board was reorganized into the Board of Trustees with the accompanying responsibility of governance of the College. Their first task was to carry out a national search for a new president.
Boo, Sister Mary Richard, 6th President 1967-1971
Boo, Sister Mary Richard, 6th President 1967-1971
A number of innovative curricular programs were instituted under Sister Mary Richard's leadership. The Education Department reorganized all of its course offerings to stress individualized instruction and a new general education curriculum was planned. Upon the closing of its high school many of the Priory offices and general living spaces were moved into Stanbrook Hall, giving the College more room. In 1969, the College officially became coeducational. The Lay Advisory Board was reorganized into the Board of Trustees with the accompanying responsibility of governance of the College. Their first task was to carry out a national search for a new president.
Braegelman, Mother Athanasius, 2nd President 1942-1954
Braegelman, Mother Athanasius, 2nd President 1942-1954
Mother Athanasius continued Mother Agnes' policies, and under her leadership programs in Elementary Education and Physical Education were added. She established the Lay Advisory Board, the forerunner of our present Board of Trustees.
Braun, Sister Joan, 8th (Interim) President 1974-75
Braun, Sister Joan, 8th (Interim) President 1974-75
At the time of Father Shea's sudden resignation, Sister Joan assumed the duties of interim president. During her tenure, WSCD-FM began broadcasting from studios in Tower Hall. Another presidential search was begun.
Goodwin, Larry, 11th President 1998-2016
Goodwin, Larry, 11th President 1998-2016
Larry served first as an interim president for a year before becoming the official eleventh president of the College. He has presided over the construction of three new apartment buildings as well as additions to the Reif Gymnasium and the Science Center. The endowment has grown considerably during his presidency with the successful "Imagine Tomorrow" capital campaign. There have also been new programs such as the Catholic Studies Program and football added as well as campuses in St. Cloud, the Twin Cities, Rochester, and Arizona offering a range of graduate, extended, and online programs.
Hughes, Mother Martina, 3rd President 1954-58
Hughes, Mother Martina, 3rd President 1954-58
During her tenure of office, Mother Martina realized that for a single person to hold the office of both Prioress and President of the College was not only a heavy responsibility, but also that a person who might be elected prioress would not necessarily always be qualified to head an institution of higher learning. She therefore separated the two positions.
Lewis, James Franklin 1930s?
Lewis, James Franklin 1930s?
Lewis (1903-1945) was a chemistry professor at CSS from 1930 until 1937. He was also a prolific poet.
Lewis, James Franklin 1945
Lewis, James Franklin 1945
Lewis (1903-1945) was a chemistry professor at CSS from 1930 to 1937. He was also a prolific poet.
Pilon, Dan, 10th President 1981-1998
Pilon, Dan, 10th President 1981-1998
Dr. Dan Pilon, who served as president only one year less than Mother Agnes, completed many projects in his seventeen years as president. In his tenure of office, the Encore program for non-traditional age students was born and flourished, bringing a large number of mature students to campus. The Management program was added, as were several graduate-level programs as the College became accredited to offer Masters degrees. The student union in Tower Hall was renovated, the library-chapel renovation project was carried out, resulting in a trebling of library space, Willow, Birch and Maple apartments were constructed as was an additional wing on Somers Hall. The sisters built their own residence adjacent to Stanbrook Hall and the College was able to claim all of Tower Hall, which was renovated to add more classrooms and offices. The façade of the Little Theater was rebuilt to provide handicapped access, and a new garage was built. The Mitchell Auditorium was constructed, funded by a capital campaign, and a third floor addition was added to the Science Building to house Nursing offices and additional classrooms.
Pilon, Dan, 10th President 1981-1998
Pilon, Dan, 10th President 1981-1998
Dr. Dan Pilon, who served as president only one year less than Mother Agnes, completed many projects in his seventeen years as president. In his tenure of office, the Encore program for non-traditional age students was born and flourished, bringing a large number of mature students to campus. The Management program was added, as were several graduate-level programs as the College became accredited to offer Masters degrees. The student union in Tower Hall was renovated, the library-chapel renovation project was carried out, resulting in a trebling of library space, Willow, Birch and Maple apartments were constructed as was an additional wing on Somers Hall. The sisters built their own residence adjacent to Stanbrook Hall and the College was able to claim all of Tower Hall, which was renovated to add more classrooms and offices. The façade of the Little Theater was rebuilt to provide handicapped access, and a new garage was built. The Mitchell Auditorium was constructed, funded by a capital campaign, and a third floor addition was added to the Science Building to house Nursing offices and additional classrooms.

Pages